Written: Written February 14, 1922
Published: First published in 1959 in Lenin Miscellany XXXVI. Printed from the manuscript.
Source: Lenin Collected Works, Progress Publishers, 1971, Moscow, Volume 42, page 399.
Translated: Bernard Isaacs
Transcription\Markup: R. Cymbala and D. Walters
Copyleft: V. I. Lenin Internet Archive (www.marxists.org) © 2004 Permission is granted to copy and/or distribute this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.
Other Formats: Text
1) The Board of Centrosoyuz, which consists only of Communists, says that the newspaper is necessary if the co-operatives are to fulfil their difficult and new organising work and carry out the trade tasks imposed upon them.
|February 11, 1922||N. Meshcheryakov|
To Comrade Molotov for the Politbureau:
in view of the obvious flimsiness of Comrade Meshcheryakov’s arguments, I propose:
1) that the Board of Centrosoyuz be directed to replace the daily newspaper Kooperativnoye Dyelo with a weekly;
2) the personnel and funds thus released should be used wholly for improving the activities of headquarters in supervising and helping to develop proper trade by the co-operatives locally;
3) reports on the fulfilment of § 2 to be made monthly to the Politbureau;
4) more contributions to be made to Ekonomicheskaya Zhizn