First published in 1945 in Lenin Miscellany XXXV.
Printed from the original.
Source: Lenin Collected Works, Progress Publishers, 1975, Moscow, Volume 44, page 306b.
Translated: Clemens Dutt
Transcription\Markup: R. Cymbala
Public Domain: Lenin Internet Archive. You may freely copy, distribute, display and perform this work, as well as make derivative and commercial works. Please credit “Marxists Internet Archive” as your source.
Other Formats: Text • README
1. XI. 1919
Deputy People’s Commissar for Health
1) Look through my remarks and return them, please, with your comments.
2) Are there any statistics as to the total number of doctors in Moscow?
3) Have any data on the physician-population ratio been published (where and when)?
4) —ditto: methods of control over doctors (that they are not superfluous, that they are registered)?
5) Ratio (and number) of doctors in Petrograd?
6) —in other towns?
7) Ought we not publish statistics of the number of doctors and ratio for verification? Briefly, in the newspapers, so that everyone can check?